At Reward, our business sits firmly in the fin-tech market where we have close relations with national and international financial giants and industry leaders. With our diverse range of projects, we strive to combine the best talent across disciplines such as Engineering, Architecture, Design and Product Strategy with cutting edge technology. Our goals are ambitious, and the pace is quick and so we recruit people who are not afraid to challenge the status quo and can help us achieve our mission of delivering the best loyalty programmes in the world around the world.
Reporting to the Group General Counsel, you will be an integral part of the Legal Function and help meet the legal needs of the business in line with company goals, corporate strategy and departmental priorities. You will have the opportunity to work with and learn from colleagues across all departments in the business and offer legal counsel on a wide range of legal and commercial issues and provide redlined recommendations on standard and non-standard contracts. You’ll also be responsible for conducting legal research, drafting documents and contract management.
You should be a team player who is able to communicate effectively with all levels of the company. A strong professional ethos and ethic must be constantly maintained and you must act with uncompromising integrity.
You must possess strong initiative and have the energy, interest and commitment to pursue a broad array of commercial, legal and risk management matters and keep up with relevant payments, data and regulatory changes.
If you are seeking a dynamic, commercially driven and diverse legal role in a fast paced and exciting culture with plenty of room for personal and professional growth, start your application today.
This is a unique opportunity to become a key member of a truly forward-thinking technology focused organization. We are looking for a dynamic, driven and experienced lawyer to join Reward’s Legal Department and work closely with the Group General Counsel to support and meet the legal needs of the Reward Group.
- Assist the Group General Counsel with growing and scaling the Legal Function
- Draft, evaluate and negotiate contracts for a wide range of partner and client agreements across the globe including but not limited to NDAs, Heads of Terms/Letters of Intent, banking agreements, retailer agreements, supplier agreements, T’s & C’s etc.
- Support sales and business development teams to bring on new partners using existing templates and resources and support the contractual process from inception to conclusion
- Work with product, operations and tech teams to understand Reward’s products and offerings and support product initiatives
- Identifying risk, areas of concern, and ensuring contracts are commercially sound
- Maintain the Legal Function’s data room of contracts and legal documents and prepare executive summaries of contracts
- Providing ad-hoc legal advice as required
Required Expertise, Experience & Key Skills:
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- U.K. qualified lawyer with 3+ years PQE as a lawyer or legal executive, ideally a combination of law firm and in-house experience
- Experience of reviewing and drafting contracts, ideally within the fintech or payments industry.
- Experience dealing with global/overseas contracts would be an advantage
- Demonstrated flexibility, adaptability, capacity for growth and for reorientation.
- Drive and determination to deliver outstanding results as the company grows
- Excellent drafting skills and an ability to explain legal concepts in plain English
- Confident and calm under pressure, adaptive to changes, with a positive can-do attitude, demonstrating resilience in navigating changes, objections and escalations
- Exceptional academic credentials. Demonstrated analytic and writing skills.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to manage both internal and external stakeholders at all levels, combined with strong negotiation and analytic abilities.
- Strong understanding of data protection and privacy laws
- 25 days annual leave increasing by one day a year to 30 days (plus public holidays)
- Pension with Hargreaves Lansdown – 4% matched contribution
- Company holiday between Christmas & New Year (extra 3 days)
- Private healthcare with Vitality for yourself and any nominated dependents.
- Early finish on the last Friday of the month (3pm)
- Ability to buy and sell holiday days as well as the ability to bank days (tenure dependent).
- Cashback/discount shopping site (Perks at Work)
- Flexible working options – we are operating a hybrid working model from our London office (to be agreed with your manager)
- Variety of social events throughout the year such as Christmas party, company away day, movie nights, beer and pizza nights to name but a few
GET IN TOUCH
Floor 7, Centre House
79 Chichester Street
12 Little Portland Street
Copyright Sports Loyalty Card Limited 2021. All Rights Reserved
Reward is PCI Level 1 certified and assured by KPMG to ISAE3000 standards