Director of People & Talent
People Management Team . London, UK
At Reward, our business sits firmly in the fin-tech market where we have close relations with national and international financial giants and industry leaders. With our diverse range of projects, we strive to combine the best talent across disciplines such as Engineering, Architecture, Design and Product Strategy with cutting edge technology. Our goals are ambitious, and the pace is quick and so we recruit people who are not afraid to challenge the status quo and can help us achieve our mission of delivering the best loyalty programmes in the world around the world.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will own and drive our People and Talent Strategy, guiding and managing the overall provisions of the People function within Reward globally. You will be a highly strategic, innovative thinker, as well as data driven and come with a wealth of experience of guiding and developing an amazing team of people through a growth phase that will take us from 140 people today to over 300 in the next couple of years.
You will define the People and Talent Strategy and leveraging existing and a new team of HR professionals to help you deliver on our growth strategy.
You will ensure the implementation of the business plan follows a pragmatic approach that is continually aligned with business priorities and supports organisational development. You will also be accountable for the operational management of the team, allowing the MD to manage and drive the Leadership team. You will lead the team to cultivate a high-performance culture ensuring an excellent service is provided to the business.
We’re seeking a dynamic and driven individual to join our team who has been through this growth journey and is able to come in and support the Managing Director in implementing the People and Talent Strategy. You will be instrumental in managing and developing Reward’s growing estate of domestic and international employees. You’ve got a great work ethic, focus and structure with a commercial drive to succeed, leading a team that values learning, respect, responsibility, transparency, and partnership.
If you are an autonomous, commercially driven, exceptionally organised and strategic with experience of working in a high-growth, ambitious, fintech environment, then this could be the perfect fit for you. This position will be central to the company’s continued international expansion, meaning there’s also plenty of career growth opportunities.
We are on a mission to become a truly global business, with defined European markets, CEMEA and APAC as our current growth regions, this is an exciting opportunity for you to work as part of the fast paced and growing Human Resources Team, helping to grow, manage and develop our multi-talented, world class workforce.
In Belfast we currently work from a modern, trendy and exciting office in Centre House that’s located in the centre of the city, while our Global HQ is London (just off Regent Street) and with two satellite offices in Dubai & Singapore. Our team is also given the flexibility to work in hybrid structure with agreed time in office and from home.
- Member of the leadership team, responsible for defining and implementing the people strategy in order to support the organisation’s objectives.
- Aligning the people strategy with Reward strategy and business plan.
- Responsible for HR function (supporting circa 170 employees)
- Managing, supporting and developing the UK HR team
- Collaborating with counterparts across the globe to ensure a consistent corporate approach, whilst adapting to local country legislation and best practice.
- Delivery of the Group HR cycle, which includes performance review, salary review, goals and objective setting and promotions
- Delivery of Group HR projects
- Responsible for maintaining a highly engaging culture, motivating employees, fostering an environment with high levels of teamwork, accountability, communication and vision to employees.
- Working collaboratively with the SLT to define and implement the Operational Plan
- Conducts research and analysis of organisational trends including review of reports and metrics from Reward’s human resource information system and talent management system.
- Monitors and ensures Rewards compliance with employment laws and regulations (in all the appropriate territories),and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
Required Expertise, Experience & Key Skills
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years working in a leadership HR role preferably from the affiliate networks or the fintech environment
- Degree qualified with CIPD Level 7 or equivalent
- Ability to flex between strategic and operational HR in a high-performance environment.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and be strategy focused to act as a visionary
- Experience of setting and delivering KPI’s and SLA’s (working with other areas to ensure continuous service improvement)
- Broad HR generalist experience within a globally matrixed organisation – ideally with global experience.
- Experience as a member of a P&L driven business unit management team.
- Strong analytics skills, use of metrics and analytics and a bias for data-driven HR.
- Strong project management capabilities and ability to drive and execute on complex change initiatives.
- Strong commercial understanding and business pragmatism.
- Ability to influence and build relationships at all levels of an organisation.
- Proficient in reviewing policies through use of concise language and an acute attention to detail
- Pension with Hargreaves Lansdown – 4% matched contribution
- 25 days annual leave increasing by one day a year to 30 days (plus public holidays)
- Company holiday between Christmas & New Year (extra 3 days)
- Private healthcare with Vitality for yourself and any nominated dependents.
- Early finish on the last Friday of the month (3pm)
- Ability to buy and sell holiday days as well as the ability to bank days (tenure dependent).
- Cashback/discount shopping site (Perks at Work)
- Flexible working options – we are operating a hybrid working model from our Belfast office (to be agreed with your manager)
- Variety of social events throughout the year such as Christmas party, company away day, movie nights, beer and pizza nights to name but a few
GET IN TOUCH
Floor 7, Centre House
79 Chichester Street
12 Portland Street
Copyright Sports Loyalty Card Limited 2021. All Rights Reserved
Reward is PCI Level 1 certified and assured by KPMG to ISAE3000 standards